J Matthew Mark Luke John Main Event
10-16 4:12 (b) – 9:17 1:14 (b) 4:14 -5:39 4:3 – 5:47 Samaritan woman at the well; calling the fishermen; cast out demon; heal the leper; heal the paralytic; Matthew called; man healed at Bethesda; Prophecy fulfilled; Lord of the Sabbath
FOOTSTEPS: Samaria, Galilee, Nazareth, Capernaum, Jerusalem, Galilee, Capernaum, Bethesda
MAIN CHARACTERS: Jesus, Samaritan woman, fishermen, demoniac, paralytic; Matthew, man at the pool of Bethesda, Pharisees
MAIN EVENTS: Samaritan woman at the well; calling the fishermen; cast out demon; heal the leper; heal the paralytic; Matthew called; man healed at Bethesda; Prophecy fulfilled; Lord of the Sabbath
1. Jesus was led by the Spirit to go to Samaria. It was the beginning of the revival in Samaria which concluded with Philip’s campaign in Acts 8.
2. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and truth.
3. God’s power knows no distance or time zone. There are no limitations with God.
4. Jesus focussed on the inner life. Beatitudes.
5. Jesus came to His own (the Jews) and they knew Him not. The Jews rejected and crucified Him because they preferred their own religion to the truth. That is why He turned to the Gentiles who believed in Him.
6. Miraculous draft of fish came ‘at thy word’.
7. Jesus’ prayer life was the secret to His powerful ministry.
8. Jesus removed the ‘if’ out of a leper’s request for healing.
9. Jesus never promoted His ministry but sought to remain obscure.
10. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to us. Jesus came and expressed to the world what God the Father is really like: full of compassion. Jesus went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed of the devil (Acts 10:38)
Prepare for journey 17 – 21