Jesus Proceeds before Us
By Apostle Aje Pelser, Harvester Reformational Church, Cape Town
Based on the passage in 1st Peter 3:18-22
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,
1Pe 3:19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison,
1Pe 3:20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.
1Pe 3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
1Pe 3:22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.
Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
When Jesus said He is the Way, the Truth and the Life, it is not a slogan alone. It is a pathway to the divine and supernatural life of a believer.
Processions of Christ for our Salvation
1. Christ died once for all in relation to sins.
2. He was a just one, giving His life for unjust ones, that he may provide for us an entrance into the presence of God. Our faith and hope in Him enters the presence behind the veil.
Heb 6:19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil,
Heb 6:20 where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.
3. He was killed physically, and His body was raised was from the dead. His spirit proceeded and preached to the imprisoned souls at the time and the Bible says He took captivity captive. He took the keys of death and hell form the devil. There is a verse in revelation where the people who forsake God will seek death and not find it. It is because Jesus now has the keys of death – the final eternal death – and hell.
Rev 1:18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.
4. He has the ability to make a proclamation to the rebel spirits – like when the long suffering of God waited out to the end in the days of Noah.
5. Then Noah was saved by the ark through the water. Now we have the counterpart – baptism into Jesus Christ who is at the right hand of God. When we are baptized it creates entrance for us into a new dimension of living.
Gal 3:26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
6. It is the witness of a good conscience towards God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ who is at the right hand of God, having proceeded into heaven, where the angels and authorities and powers have been made subject to Him.
7. The good news for us is that we are now seated with Him in heavenly places in Christ Jesus if we believe.
Eph 2:6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
8. The ways Jesus provides an entrance for us into God’s presence is simple:
a. He died on the cross for our sins.
b. He made remission for our sins through his blood.
c. We enter Gods presence through the veil that is His flesh. In the Old Testament only the High Priest could enter the Holy of Holies and there God met with him on behalf of the people. Heb 10:20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh,
9. IF we confess with our mouths the Lord Jesus and believe with our hearts that God has raised him form the dead, we shall be saved. Romans 10:8-10.
10. He gives us the entrance into a new creation reality by burying the old nature through baptism in water, and then he breathes new life in that new creation with his Holy Spirit which we called being baptized by the Holy Ghost. With the evidence of speaking in a spiritual language called tongues. It is a powerful prayer language that overrides your mental facility in order to access spiritual mysteries beyond the capacity of your brain.
1Co 14:2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
11. He adds a baptism of fire that accompanies the Holy Spirit that burns away all the things that bother us and stop us from entering into God’s presence so that we can be free!
12. He gives us a loving church where we can see Jesus in a many membered body of believers.
Eph 1:6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
You can follow the processions of Christ by grace through faith into Salvation, the baptisms, healing, forgiveness, ordination and function, anointing, power and eternal glory. Are you ready?