Touching the Infinite
By Apostle Aje Pelser
Preached at Harvester Reformational Church, Cape Town
Psa 147:2 The LORD builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel.
Psa 147:3 He heals the broken-hearted And binds up their wounds.
Psa 147:4 He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name.
Psa 147:5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.
Psa 147:6 The LORD lifts up the humble; He casts the wicked down to the ground.
Contact points that help us to touch the infinite God
1. Edification: The Lord builds up your city of peace.
2. Harvest: God gathers the outcasts
3. Healing: He heals the broken-hearted
4. Care: Binds up the wounds
5. Know He counts you in: He counts the stars, He calls them by name, something he asked Abraham to do. His workers and leaders throughout the earth who are in His right hand – stars in Revelation.
“There are about 10 billion galaxies in the observable universe! The number of stars in a galaxy varies, but assuming an average of 100 billion stars per galaxy means that there are about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (that's 1 billion trillion) stars in the observable universe!
Feb 19, 2013
The number is probably infinite, but we can't see them all because light travels at a finite speed, and light has had only about 13.7 billion years to travel. This means that we cannot see any stars farther than about 13.7 billion light years away.
stars in the observable universe - UCSB Science Line, https://scienceline.ucsb.edu › getkey
Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in My right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches.
a. ‘Angel’/ ‘Messenger’ G32 aggelos
From ἀγγέλλω aggellō (probably derived from G71; compare G34; to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an “angel”; by implication a pastor: - angel, messenger.
b. To lead G71 agō A primary verb; properly to lead; by implication to bring, drive, (reflexively) go, (specifically) pass (time), or (figuratively) induce: - be, bring (forth), carry, (let) go, keep, lead away, be open.
c. Churches G1577 ekklēsia
From a compound of G1537 and a derivative of G2564; a calling out, that is, (concretely) a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation (Jewish synagogue, or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both): - assembly, church.
6. Power and might: The Lord is great – mighty in power. It is not by your might, nor your power, but by His Spirit of counsel and might – note the combination – you need counsel to unlock might. What I have found is that when you are righteous in your cause – God’s might backs you completely and infinitely. Even if you make a mistake – God is ready to forgive and cover you and destroy the very enemy He used to chastise you – see Israel: Jer_51:11 Make bright the arrows; gather the shields: the LORD hath raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes: for his device is against Babylon, to destroy it; because it is the vengeance of the LORD, the vengeance of his temple.
7. Understanding: His understanding is infinite. When God opens your heart and mind to understand, it is really limitless. There is a braking of the seals of understanding that is very comforting to you when God does this and all of a sudden you see and know and ‘get it’ completely! This is the effect of a faith filled word from the Lord when you read the Bible and busy yourself with quiet meditations in your inner chamber. The practise of the presence of the Lord like this is a great source of peace in a storm for us, and it is that still small voice within that reverberates with echoes into the our lives and grows into sound waves and sonic booms that crumble all enemy strongholds. It reminds us of a small pebble dropping into a pond that grows in concentric circles outward and becomes a tsunami in power. God looks for a still pond to drop a pebble into that will grow into a groundswell of force to overcome evil in our world. Once I saw a drop of blood falling onto a home in the spirit – this home had a mother that had a vision to accommodate God’s servants like in the Bible and to establish a Bible College for her family in her home. This vision of a drop of blood continued and I saw it growing outward from there in concentric circles. It is now the Bible Training venue for a church in an influential city that reaches out to the world and the home has hosted many apostolic gatherings that have had far–reaching effects in the kingdom of God. He knows the power of a thought of truth and faith. That is why a mustard seed of faith is enough to provide for all you need in life!
8. Humility: The lord lifts of the humble. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. He will touch your mind and heart to understand infinitely. That is the peace that passes understanding. You have peace about the fact that you do not have peace quite yet! Inside you have a sure knowing that you have peace.
9. Victory: He casts the wicked down to the ground. Knowing you win in the end is a very powerful influence in your thinking and your actions. If you have the medal in your pocket during the race, you run with a difference confidence.
Our God is a spirit – an infinite Spirit being that has created us to relate to Him infinitely. We are a spirit, we possess a soul and we live a body for a time here on earth. But He has called you by name and counted you worthy to partake of His presence through believing in Jesus Christ His Son – the firstborn among many brothers and sisters! Touch the infinite today and remind yourself of the infinite possibilities and resources at your disposal in the mighty name of Jesus with the infinite counsel and might of the Holy Spirit.
Meditate on the infinity of the trinity and grow in your ability to touch the infinite in your daily life!