II Corinthians 5:16-21
- Christ defeated Satan by becoming the Son of God on earth and satisfied God’s judgement against sinful humanity. He did not respond to Satan’s prompting during the time of temptation. He only obeyed the Word of God. He took His broken body and his shed blood as an eternal High Priest before the throne of His Father and to the heavenly altar as an eternal offering for our sin. He defeated the work of the enemy so that we can be reconciled with God – made right with God through faith in Him. (Hebrews 2:4)
- He did away with sin completely when He went into the holy of holies with His offering. When God forgives your sin, He wipes it out completely, obliterates it, makes it non-existent. When you talk of old sin that is forgiven, God does not know what you talk about. (Heb 9:26)
- He created a new and living way through His blood for us to enter into the holy presence of God by faith, through the veil, which is His body. (Hebrews 10:9-22) If you believe in Him, you may enter by faith. You are accounted righteous because of Him who paid the full price for you.
- Faith that makes us righteous before God has 3 elements:
- It is an action of your will. By the action of your will, you believe and trust the Holy Spirit to make you holy, to sanctify you.
- You appropriate the promise and blessing and lay hold of it by taking it by faith, because it belongs to you. It promotes you in the spirit realm. Napoleon inspected his troops on his big white horse. The horse got a fright and jumped up on his hind legs. A young soldier broke rank and grabbed the horse and brought it under control. The sergeant of the platoon scolded the young soldier for touching Napoleon’s horse. Napoleon immediately made the young soldier a captain in his army for saving his life.
- The witness of the Spirit in your heart will confirm that you are a child of God with all the privileges, including being right with God by faith. Our problem is that we think we will never be able to fulfill all God’s demands to be righteous. We are too much aware of our sin and failure. We feel inferior and guilty. But by faith there is no guilt or condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1, 2) The law of righteousness by faith, sets us free from the law of sin and death.
- Righteousness is imputed to us on behalf of Christ Jesus. It is deposited into our heavenly account. By believing in Him, we fulfill all the requirements and demands of a holy God. Christ paralyzed Satan completely and took away the weapons he trusted in. He has given us authority over Satan. The power of God works on the basis of righteousness by faith.
- Break through into the realm of faith where you actually believe you are right with God, by faith in Christ Jesus. You can approach the throne of grace boldly, you can enter the new and living way through the veil, which is His body (the Church today). The forces of heaven are behind you, Satan’s plans against you are already defeated. You are a conqueror in this life through Christ. You are an overcomer in this life. You are justified through faith. Confess these things to appropriate them. You break of sin through righteousness. You enjoy the promises of God through righteousness. Righteousness is a gift given to those who believe in Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:17) You are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. (II Corinthians 5:21)