Results of Apostolic Blessing
In the Old Testament God commanded Moses to command Aaron to bless the people of God in a certain way so that God could bless them indeed and put His Name on them. (Numbers 6:24-27)
On the 9th of November 1996 I spoke that blessing over my family. Today I speak that blessing over you. I bless you like the High Priest blessed the people of God in the Old Testament so that God can bless you and put His Name upon you.
In the New Testament every Apostolic Epistle starts with an Apostolic Blessing or greeting: ‘Grace & Peace to you!’ The reason why the Apostles did that was because they pronounced the Aaronic Blessing on believers! They knew what they were doing and the people understood it too. It is not just a lame religious exercise, but it is a powerful blessing for those who believe!
Here are a few results of Apostolic Blessing to remind you that the same God of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob has blessed you in the Beloved Christ Jesus according to Ephesians 1:3: ‘He has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus!’
- We fulfill the command given to Moses that he in turn gave to Aaron to bless God’s people
- We pronounce the blessing so that God can bless you and put His Name upon you
- We announce the keeping power of God in your life
- We proclaim God’s face will shine upon you and give you light
- We inform you that God will be gracious towards you for by grace through faith are you saved (Ephesians 2:8)
- We help you to understand that God will lift up His countenance upon you – literally look upon you with divine favor that you do not deserve
- We bless you with peace that includes prosperity & protection
You have already arrived at the heavenly Jerusalem by being part of a spirit-filled Church of which Jesus is the Head (Hebrews 12:20-22) The heavenly Jerusalem speaks of Sarah the free woman and the promise of God but the earthly Jerusalem represents Hagar, the bondwoman that brings bondage. (Galatians 4:21-31)
Bob Dylan wrote these words in ‘Forever Young’: ‘may God bless and keep you always,’ and pronounced the Aaronic blessing over people in this song. (On his album ‘Planet Waves’)
Remember the blessing of God makes rich and adds no sorrow to it. (Proverbs 10:22) Whom God has blessed no man can curse. (Numbers 23:8)
Today you have received the blessing of the High Priest. Christ Jesus has become our heavenly High Priest in the heavenly tabernacle and His Apostles pronounce the blessing Aaron was commanded to bring over the people of God so that God could bless them and put His Name upon them. You are blessed with all spiritual blessings in the Beloved Christ Jesus! Amen.