Apostle Aje Pelser, Harvester Reformational Church, Cape Town
Here we find some helpful protocols that will rescue you in Spirit- led prayer.
Romans 8 :26,7
“And in like manner also the Spirit lends us a helping hand with reference to our weakness, for the particular thing that we should pray for according to what is necessary in the nature of the case, we do not know with an absolute knowledge; but the Spirit himself comes to our rescue by interceding with unutterable groanings. Moreover, He who is constantly searching our hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit because, according to God, He continually makes intercession on behalf of the saints.” Wuest’s Translation of New Testament.
Holy Spirit Rescue Protocols
1. As creation is groaning in expectation to see the revealed sons of God, so we have a groaning in our spirit to reveal Jesus to creation. (Romans 8:19 ) In like manner, the Spirit also lends us a hand to helps us overcome our weaknesses.
2. We can cooperate by acknowledging the Holy Spirit so that he can lend you a helping hand.
3. Refer to your weakness when you pray. When we make a reference to what we struggle with in prayer it releases the rescue protocols of the God through the agency of His Holy Spirit. He can now operate on that area and bring healing and strengthen our weak points over time.
4. Spirit of Truth helps us find that particular thing we should pray for at any given moment. The Holy Spirit’s job is to lead and guide us into all truth.
Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
Joh 16:14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
This is a process and you have to allow it in your heart. In extreme cases He will intervene, but mostly there is a still small voice nudging you to truth on a daily basis. You wake up with an idea, a thought to pursue, a task forgotten, an appointment to be made and kept that could alter the course of your life.
5. Holy Spirit knows what is necessary to pray for right now. If you make lists that is fine, but be led by the Spirit even in your list making! We have too many probabilities and responsibilities to pray for all of it at once. My spirit works with an anointed dashboard that highlights the different spheres of my life, and I am directed towards a person, a task, a project, a revelation, a vision or lost prophetic word – all by the leading of the Holy Spirit. When we read:
Zec 4:6 So he answered and said to me: "This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' Says the LORD of hosts.
6. The most wonderful task of the Holy Spirit for me is when he reminds me of what Jesus said. In any situation, because I have studied the word, he will bring that word to my remembrance better than any concordance. In fact, if you look at a modern apostolic person’s Bible, it will contain a system of cross references that you will never find in a traditional theological handbook or Bible Dictionary or concordance. This is because the revelation of Jesus Christ in every scripture is the work of the Holy Spirit, versus the linguistic and clinical work of theologians who often study God and lose Him in the process. Someone once told me they had lost God. I replied that God was not lost, they were.
Joh 5:36 But I have a greater witness than John's; for the works which the Father has given Me to finish—the very works that I do—bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me.
Joh 5:37 And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
Joh 5:38 But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
Joh 5:39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.
Joh 5:40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
7. When unutterable groanings are in your heart by the Holy Spirit, it is a time to pray in tongues. Christians who reason away tongues miss out on an opportunity to be rescued by from their endless reasoning and oppression of evil in your mind and soul. Prayer in tongue renders your mind unfruitful for the moment so that your spirit can be in direct contact with God’s spirit in prayer.
1Co 14:14 For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful.
It is like your Wi-Fi code that activates the flow of information into your spirit. O how we love to get that Wi-Fi code! The first thing anybody does these days when they arrive at a new destination is check the Wi-Fi! They will submit to any agreement and sign declarations they have never read just to get connect to that data stream!
8. Do a search of the heart. Allow the Holy Spirit to constantly search your heart. When He finds something in your heart, don’t resist His suggestions.
9. The Holy Spirit has the mind of God on the matter instantly. You are instantly connected with God’s thoughts as you acknowledge the Lordship of the Holy Spirit in your process of prayer. If you do not allow the Spirit of God to lead you in pray, your prayers will sound pretty much the same as before and you might feel like you have prayed and ticked a few boxes faithfully, but the prayer will lack any real power and penetration in the spiritual realm.
Mat 6:5 "And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.
Mat 6:6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.
Mat 6:7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
Mat 6:8 "Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.
Mat 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
If you pray in a spiritual realm, you need the Lord of that realm within you to tell you what to pray! Funny how this is not obvious to us form the start – but Apostle Paul had to write this letter to explain it! Thanks for that Apostle Paul!