Requirements for Faithfulness
Preached by Apostle Andre Pelser
God is looking for faithful people that He can entrust with His vast resources! He needs faithful people who can disperse His resources to bring increase to His great Kingdom. Their praise and reward will come from Him.
I Cor 4:2/ Matt 25:23/
There are five requirements for Faithfulness:
- Be full of faith and the Spirit (faith& full = faithful!)
- Believe that God is a God of increase
- Carry weight in the work of God (instead of just attending church)
- Shepherd the ones assigned to you (for you are being shepherded)
- Examine all things but do not judge or blame people (God is the Judge. We can judge people’s actions but not the character of people.)
Paul regarded Timothy and Titus as faithful enough to send them to sort things out in churches. Timothy imitated Paul and reminded people of Paul’s ways in Christ.
God builds His Church with faithful people who become pillars in a work. They are like streams of water in the desert and rivers that never fail.
Faithfulness speaks of durable strength, lasting, permanent stability. ‘Emunah’ in Hebrew speaks of a character worthy of love and trust, confident that He will fulfill His promises and also execute his threats. God is faithful (I Cor 1:9)/ Lamentations 3:23/ Numbers 23:19) He faithfully gives a harvest for seed sown; He brings deliverance when called upon; He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins (I John 1:9) and He is our faithful High Priest (Heb 2:17).
Abraham believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. Moses was faithful in his house as Christ became our faithful High Priest.
A church full of faithful people is a picture of Christ to a community.
Learn to say by faith: ‘I am faithful to distribute God’s resources as He tells me to do and to share His mysteries as He explains it to me. I paint the pictures of God’s Word on people’s hearts!’ (I Cor 4:10
Rewards of Faithfulness
- The Lord preserves the faithful
- A faithful ambassador brings healing
- A faithful man shall abound in blessings
- Faithful in little; appointed over much
Faithfulness is required in all circumstances
- During tests and trials of faith
- During hardships (like a good soldier)
- In loneliness (with God as companion)
- When God has blessed us we must not forget Him
- After teaching others that reject our message
Faithfulness preserves from backsliding. Consider Jesus and keep your eyes on Jesus. Do not allow sin to deceive you. Faithfulness breeds confidence and helps to overcome doubt. Faithfulness brings assurance.
The ultimate reward for faithfulness is the crown of life (James 1:12)
Unfaithful ones are uprooted
Faithful ones are appointed and they bring stability and strength with their wholehearted support.
More Scriptures on Faithfulness
- Prov 11:13 – A faithful man keeps a secret but gossip betrays confidence
- Prov 13:17 – Faithful ambassador brings health
- Prove 28:20 – A faithful man shall abound in blessings, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished
- 4. I John 1:9 – He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins (if we confess our sins to Him)
- II Timothy 2:2 – Appoint faithful men