How to receive your healing
Based on notes by Apostle Andre Pelser
Preached by Apostle Aje Pelser, Harvester Reformational Church Cape Town
It is vitally important to know how to receive healing from God, especially because you cannot see Him. Here are ten guidelines to receive healing from God.
1. Know that it is God’s will for you to be healed. It is a forever settled subject because God’s word is forever settled and He says, ‘I am the Lord your God that heals you of all your diseases.’ (Exodus 15:26)
2. God’s word is His guarantee to heal you. The life of Jesus proves it. (Matthew 4:24; 8:17; 12:15; 14:14)
3. Faith for healing comes from hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). When a little girl hears her mother is going to buy her a new dress she tells all her friends! We confess our healing because God tells us that He is our healer. One of God’s redemptive names is ‘Jehovah Rapha.’ (The God that heals)
4. Confess your faults to one another (not sins – that you only confess to God) that you may be healed. Where you have failed towards someone confess your fault.
5. If your heart does not condemn you then you have confidence towards God to ask Him to heal you. (I John 5:15) If there is anything in your heart that condemns you deal with it.
6. Our desire for good health should be motivated by a desire to serve God and humanity. God says, ‘you will call, and I will answer; and you will glorify Me.’ (Psalm 50:15). One of ten lepers that came back to worship and thank Jesus was made completely whole. The others were just healed.
7. Symptoms may linger on after healing has already begun in your body. A tree remains for a while after it is cut down. Jonah calls it lying symptoms. Don’t allow the hiss of the serpent to rise above the voice of God.
8. When you pray and believe you receive. (Mark 11:24)
9. Begin to act your faith. Start confessing: ‘by His stripes I am healed.’ (I Peter 2:24 / Isaiah 53:4). When you play checkers one move is followed by another move! God moves and then you move!
10. Jesus said healing belongs to God’s children when He explained it to the Syrophonecian woman. Whoever believes in Jesus receives the ability to be a son of God. (Mark 7:28)