God Wins the Victory
Preached by Apostle Aje Pelser, Harvester Reformational Church, Cape Town
Here are some weapons of God to win the victory over the enemy of our souls.
Isa 30:27 Behold, the name of the LORD comes from afar, Burning with His anger, And His burden is heavy; His lips are full of indignation, And His tongue like a devouring fire.
Isa 30:28 His breath is like an overflowing stream, Which reaches up to the neck, To sift the nations with the sieve of futility; And there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, Causing them to err.
Isa 30:29 You shall have a song As in the night when a holy festival is kept, And gladness of heart as when one goes with a flute, To come into the mountain of the LORD, To the Mighty One of Israel.
Isa 30:30 The LORD will cause His glorious voice to be heard, And show the descent of His arm, With the indignation of His anger And the flame of a devouring fire, With scattering, tempest, and hailstones.
Isa 30:31 For through the voice of the LORD Assyria will be beaten down, As He strikes with the rod.
Isa 30:32 And in every place where the staff of punishment passes, Which the LORD lays on him, It will be with tambourines and harps; And in battles of brandishing He will fight with it.
Isa 30:33 For Tophet was established of old, Yes, for the king it is prepared. He has made it deep and large; Its pyre is fire with much wood; The breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, Kindles it.
- His Name comes from afar. Jesus’ name above all names! Acts 3:16
- His Anger Our God is a consuming fire – a jealous God. Deut. 4:24
- His burden is too heavy for our enemies. Prophets had a burden to give the message of judgment to the nations – like Isaiah to Assyria.
- His lips are full of indignation for evil.
- His tongue is a devouring fire that consumes our enemies
- His breath is an overflowing stream
- He sifts the nations with the sieve of futility. When Jesus spoke about sifting he prayed for Peter that his faith should not fail.
- He places a bridle in our enemy’s mouth causing him to err.
Isa_29:24 These also who erred in spirit will come to understanding, And those who complained will learn doctrine.”
- He gives us a song. Paul and Silas sang in the prison and God caused an earthquake to set them free. Each move of God has a sound, a song, a frequency of spirit, a melody in the heart that helps us get up and keep going.
- It bring gladness of heart through the battle. Singing a song – like the British Soldiers in World War 2, helped them endure terrible ordeals and overcome insurmountable odds. “pack all your troubles in an old kit bag and smile, smile, smile...” Something Oupa Andrew used to sing a lot.
- He directs us to the mountain of the Lord. Mount Zion is not only the New Jerusalem but he Church of the Firstborn registered in heaven. Hebrews 12:22-24
- He makes His voice to be heard again through Jesus who opens up the Scriptures.
Luk 24:45 And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.
- He shows the descent of His Arm in time with the tambourines of his praises.
- His voice beats down our enemies
- His rod and staff comfort us, but beats down the evil one. Psalm 23:4
- God kindles a fire in the valley of fire where once the enemy stole God’s children, God will judge the enemy in his own place of destruction.
- The Breath of the Lord kindles a fire against our enemy.
2Pe_3:7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
Rev_20:15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Rev_21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."
The Good News is that you can escape the fire of the Lord’s anger and receive His forgiveness for evil and sin through Jesus Christ. Get on the Lord’s side of this eternal battle and share in the spoils of victory!