Gain the Victory
Gain the Victory
Jesus in Revelation series.
Preached by Apostle Aje Pelser, Harvester Reformational Church., Cape Tow2n
Chapter 5 of the book of revelation, introduces us to another realm of understanding.
Rev 5:5 But one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals."
Rev 5:6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
“And one of the elders says to me, “Stop weeping, consider this: the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Scion of David, gained the victory [and thus is able] to open the scroll and its seven seals. And I saw in the midst of the throne of the four living beings and in the midst of the elders, a Lamb standing, [bearing the wounds of the Cross in His glorified body], having seven horns and seven eyes which [eyes] are the seven Spirits of God that have been sent forth on a commission into all the earth.”
Wuest’s Greek Translation of the New Testament.
Victory has to be won, theirs is no rest until the battle is won and the enemy subdued. Sometimes we tend to give up too soon, just before the enemy cracks. We need the Holy Spirit to give us a boost of faith and courage, power to witness the victory that Christ gains through our active faith in Him.
There are mysteries in our lives that we can’t access, codes that seem unbreakable in our path to success. God holds it in His right hand – His right hand of power. Only the Lamb that was slain can take it out of His hand and open the seals. Wisdom and understanding comes at a high price, but it is worth it because then you operate in understanding that establishes you and shines a light on your path ahead. Life becomes focused and all your energies converge into the laser beam of accurate lifestyle with purpose.
In music, when you need to boost the volume, you turn up the gain, are you ready to rock with the Rock of Ages?
Consider the inherent abilities of Jesus to gain the victory in your life.
1. Lion of Judah. Lion speaks of governmental authority and might. He is getting ready to roar and rebuke the devourer on your behalf. A lion knows how to wait for the opportune time to attack and has more power in a single attack than most. I once heard a roar in my Spirit when a lie came my way. I realized the Lion of Judah lives within us. There are times to sacrifice like a lamb, but there are also times to roar like a lion. Mostly when the enemy tries to take what God has given you, or you are fighting slanderous lies against your calling. Gain the victory by understanding that the Lion of Judah is in you and in those who stand with you. The glory of the King is in his troops that march in rank with Him!
Pro 30:29 There are three things which are majestic in pace, Yes, four which are stately in walk:
Pro 30:30 A lion, which is mighty among beasts And does not turn away from any;
Pro 30:31 A greyhound, A male goat also, And a king whose troops are with him.
2. Scion of David – access to the man after God’s heart – the key of David that opens a door that no man can shut and shuts doors that no man can open. The tabernacle of David that opened the presence of God t the people through accurate spirit and truth worship.
3. Lamb that was slain. Redemption comes at a price. Jesus put His body on the line, not just for our sins, but to be able to open scrolls of revelation for us – for the Word to become flesh in our lives, for us to access the inner presence of God by His Spirit indwelling our temples. So much is achieved with a single sacrifice, it will take eternity to unravel. For now, we need the revealed word for the next step in our journey to glory. It is hard to contain the excitement when you realize what God has planned for you! Plans for future and a hope. There are good things ahead, you will forget the biggest problems when you get a glimpse of His glorious inheritance that the Lamb has bought for you to become co-heirs with Christ. A little faith and confession of His Lordship access eternal privileges and rights as sons and daughters of the most High God.
4. Seven Horns – horns speak of powers of the Holy Spirit.
Wind, breath, fire, thunder, light, energy/power, judgement
5. Seven Eyes – speak of vision and insights, supervision over a responsibility.
Prophecy, revelation, tongues, interpretation, reminder, song, righteousness, conviction.
6. Spirit of God – Jesus understood his anointing by the Spirit of God. Some of the seals that need to be broken for individuals will help define how God has anointed them to perform His will in the earth, through their unique inner configuration and gifting.
7. Sent forth on a Commission – what you need to understand is that we are not merely going to places around the world, ticking off interesting destination for a travel brochure. We have entered a portal of commissioning that carries tremendous gravitational forces that launch us into enemy territory with force. There is such a force at work when we place our foot in a new territory that all hell will break loose to try and stop it, But Jesus is building his diverse multi-national church and Bride through us and nothing will stop us. The force is too great, and the momentum is now unstoppable. We have invested and poured out our lives and resources and possessions as a drink offering fro this cause and God has placed His seal of approval on it. We have gained the victory to break the seal of cultures, nations, music, writing, preaching and teaching, film and media, business, education and politics in this move of God. We have possessed the seven mountains of influence in society and need to equip the saints for this work of the ministry ahead. That is why we have embarked on a national tour of training Church Leaders through our MBTC Church Leaders Toolkit that gives leaders an upgrade to operate with the same gravitational forces centred on Jesus Christ, to generate such momentum that the world has never seen.
8. Jesus has the Authority to make us Kings and Priests unto our God. We are a kingdom of kings and priests with Him being the High Priest and Apostle of our confession, King of Kings and Lord of Lords! There is no name higher than the name of Jesus. As we lift up the name of Jesus and get men’s focus off themselves and their pyramids of organisations, and onto Jesus as the focus of their ministries, we will see a revival in this nation like our people have never seen. There is an urgency in my spirit since this seal has been broken for me by the Lamb. It is not even on my agenda; it was revealed and now I am walking in it with my brothers and sisters who see it. Things are going so fast, I have no time to organize it, it is being supernaturally governed by the seven spirits now. We enter their commission by faith and its going to a heavenly ride! Jump onboard today!