Established in Righteousness
Preached by Apostle Aje Pelser, Harvester Reformational Church, 25th July 2021
Decrees that establish you in righteousness
From Isaiah, we hear spiritual decrees that help us understand being right with God, establishing us in righteousness.
Amplified Bible: Isaiah 54:13-17
And all your [spiritual] children shall be disciples [taught by the Lord and obedient to His will], and great shall be the peace and undisturbed composure of your children. [John 6:45]
You shall establish yourself in righteousness [rightness, in conformity with God’s will and order]: you shall be far from even the thought of oppression or destruction, for you shall not fear, and from terror, for it shall not come near you. Behold, they may gather together and stir up strife, but it is not from Me. Whoever stirs up strife against you shall fall and surrender to you.
Behold I have created the smith who blows on the fire of coals and who produces a weapon for its purpose; and I have created the devastator to destroy. But no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. This [peace, righteousness, security, triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the Lord [those in whom the ideal Servant of the Lord is reproduced]; this is the righteousness or the vindication which they obtain from Me [this is that which I impart to them as their justification], says the Lord.
1. You will have disciples that are taught of the Lord and obedient to His will.
2. Your children and spiritual children will be composed and peaceful in any situation.
3. You shall be convicted of righteousness and be established in the right and accurate conformity to His will and order for your life. The Holy Spirit helps convince you of righteousness: Joh 16:8 “And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: “
4. You won’t even think of oppression and destruction, fear or terror, for it shall not come near you. Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’”
5. Remember that God does not stir up strife against you and those who do shall fall and surrender to you. Isaiah 60:14 “Also the sons of those who afflicted you Shall come bowing to you, And all those who despised you shall fall prostrate at the soles of your feet; And they shall call you The City of the LORD, Zion of the Holy One of Israel.”
6. God has created all things and even the devastator to destroy for His purposes against His enemies. God can use empires for His purposes and then destroy them if they do not honour Him. Read Daniel and all the kings and Chronicles.
7. No weapon formed or fashioned against you and your faith shall succeed or prosper. Our weapons are spiritual. We first win the battle in prayer then we enforce the victory in the natural. 2Co 10:5 “casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, “
8. Every tongue that rises up against you, you shall condemn and show to be in the wrong.
9. You shall have peace in righteous security and triumph over opposition in your life.
10. You shall have a heritage of peace and triumph as a servant of God – as you reflect the ideal Servant of the Lord is reproduced in your life. Colossians 2:15 “Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.”
11. Your righteous vindication will be obtained from God.
12. He will impart His justification on your behalf. God is the judge of all. Hebrews 12:23 “to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect,”