Developing your spiritual senses
By Apostle Andre Pelser
First preached by Andre Pelser in Montijo, Portugal 16.10.92
Hebrews 5:13, 14
Once you know how to use a fork and knife you rely on your trained senses to feed yourself. The same applies spiritually. You have to train your spiritual senses to help you live your spiritual life. Those who by reason of use have exercised their spiritual senses show signs of maturity.
Before one can develop spiritual senses we have to know how faith works and how important patience is. Faith needs patience to produce. You can develop your faith and your patience by exercising them. Then you can exercise your spiritual senses. The book of Hebrews tells us to follow those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. (Hebrews 6:12)
How to develop your faith
- Know what faith is and what it can do, where it comes from and how to use it. (Hebrews 11:1/ Romans 10:17/ Mark 11:23, 24)
- You have to know your measure of faith (Romans 12:3)
- Jesus is the Author and Finisher or Developer of your faith (Hebrews 12:2) Jesus develops the faith you release.
- By feeding on the Word of God your faith rises up in your recreated spirit. Faith connects with the Holy Spirit and produces what the Word promises. Mary believed the Word of the Lord and conceived Jesus miraculously even though she was still a virgin.
- Once you have faith in your heart, release it with words of faith and act as if you have already received what you asked for in faith. Disregard physical symptoms. Your thoughts, actions and words need to correspond.
How to develop your patience
- Patience is the power twin of faith.
- In patience you possess your soul
- You run the race of faith with patience (Hebrews 12:2)
- Patience shows confidence to keep your faith steady while it is working out the answer. Faith and Patience will bring results every time!
- Tribulation works patience (Romans 5:1-5). Line your faith up with the Word of God and then release your faith in prayer to God. Practice patience as you wait for the answer. Accuracy and simple child like faith are the keys.
How to develop your spiritual senses
- Develop your ability to hear in the spirit
- Develop your ability to see what the Spirit shows you
- Develop your ability to smell and feel in the spirit realm
- Learn to discern according to the Word of God that is a discerner
- Become sensitive in the spirit
- Learn to flow with what the Holy Spirit is doing or saying
- Understand the principle: ‘first the natural; then the spiritual.’
Once you have released your faith you must count it all joy when you face the five ‘T’s’: tribulation, trouble, tests, trials and temptations. These things give you an opportunity to exercise faith and patience causing you to grow spiritually and to prove God’s word is true.
Isaiah’s five spiritual senses were awakened when he was in the Temple: he saw the glory of the Lord that filled the Temple with his spiritual eyes, he felt the pillars of Temple move and smelt the smoke that filled the Temple.