Prepare for the Promises
By Apostle Aje Pelser
Part of a Series preached at Harvester Reformational Church, Cape Town.
Deu 1:6 “The LORD our God spoke to us in Horeb, saying: ‘You have dwelt long enough at this mountain.
Deu 1:7 Turn and take your journey, and go to the mountains of the Amorites, to all the neighboring places in the plain, in the mountains and in the lowland, in the South and on the seacoast, to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, as far as the great river, the River Euphrates.
Deu 1:8 See, I have set the land before you; go in and possess the land which the LORD swore to your fathers—to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—to give to them and their descendants after them.’
When Moses shared the words of the covenant with Israel just before they entered their promised alnd, it was so that they could receive whet God had intended for them 40 years before. God creates capacity in you to receive His blessings, so that the blessing of the Lord make rich and add no sorrow to it. The stewardship of God’s blessings and promises sustains the Promised Land existence.
As God is moving us into our promised land for our church building this year, there are some important preparations that will help us receive and manage all the promises of God.
1. Enough is enough! Deut. 1:6. There is a time when you need to end circling the same mountain. It could be an opposing mountain of despair, guilt, depression about past things or even doubt. But saying “enough” is an important apostolic preparation in the heart. It is like calling old things obsolete that creates a vacuum in the spirit for the new covenant of God in our hearts and minds. See also Hebrews 8:13
2. Turn and Take your Journey! Deut. 1:7. It is a foundation stone – to turn – to repent 108 from where you were headed and step into the highway God is creating for you. But it is a necessary decision. Gird up the loins of your mind – rest your hope on the grace that you will receive for the journey, upon the revelation of Jesus Christ in you the hope of glory! Read 1 Peter 1:13.
3. See the land God has set before you –with His Vision. God needs to anoint our eyes to see how He sees. I love helping people to see their harvest. Every life is a platform for God’s harvest. A seedbed of potential. Seeing your harvest is a wonderful journey in itself. Meditation in the spirit help you to discover how much God has done for you and help you to predict future fields of harvest. The devil aims to steal your hope of harvest by making you focus on the problems you encounter during harvest. He is a liar and a cynic that will always seeing the glass half empty rather than half full. Like the worlds news media! But here is some good news: submit yourself to God’s vision of harvest and resist the devil and he will flee from your harvest.
4. Go in and possess! No one else is going in for you – it is your land, it is your promise, now take it. To receive means to take something that is given to you. Do not despise small beginnings – put differently: do not ask “what’s this?” when God gives you an opportunity. Take the opportunities God is giving you where you are. Believe that you are I the right place, at the right time, with the right people. This si a key for our success in Christ – that faith in His perfect timing and positioning in our lives.
5. Access your Faith DNA and apply it today. Father Abraham had many sons – I am one of them and so are you! If we believe in Jesus Christ, we are sons of Abraham and we access his generational promises – to his descendants after him… that’s us!
6. Receive God’s multiplication system.
Deu 1:10 The LORD your God has multiplied you, and here you are today, as the stars of heaven in multitude.
Deu 1:11 May the LORD God of your fathers make you a thousand times more numerous than you are, and bless you as He has promised you!
In 2012 Apostle Andre decreed churches to be planted and multiplied. A youngster prophesied that Harvester would be 100 churches, at that time we were 12. In three years God multiplied our network by the factor of 10. The next phase is simple: 100 by 10 is 1000 Churches! And we are not actually stressing about this – it is a promise and God is doing it in His time – if every church plants out 10 other churches in the next few years – this becomes a reality without any forced coercion and frantic ambition scheming to see growth. God brings the increase. What did Israel do to build all those cities and vineyards and mountains and valleys flowing with milk and honey? Nothing. God prepared it, they merely had to prepare their hearts to receive it and take it step by step. This keeps us humble – we did not achieve any milestones – it is all Christ within us the hope of Glory – and that glory goes to Him alone!