|Event Start Date:|
|Event End Date:|
Durbanville Library Hall
Interested in pursuing Mime as an art form? Then you are invited to the launch of three mime related projects by Leigh the Mime.
The Launch will be on:
Saturday, 4 August 2018
Durbanville Library Hall at 10:00
& Mime Workshop at 11:30
Mimages was conceptualised by combining the following words, ‘Mime’ and ‘Images’. This is what mime artists do when they leave the onlooker with images created through mime illusions.
- International Mime & Clown School
Leigh the Mime has been training Mime Artist from all ages since 1997. These artists are from across the world and as part of their Theological Studies at Miracle Bible College were also trained in the Art of Mime. It has been ongoing for twenty years and this is the time to announce and launch the International Mime and Clown School. The training will include Technical Mime Classes, Choreography, Solo & Group Work, Clowning, Creating Skits, Juggling, Make-Up, Creative Movement, Pilates, Exploring Creativity and Improvisation.
- Practical Workbook & DVD on the Art of Mime – “From Tjanki Bali to Happi Tjappi”
The Workbook & DVD are practical tools for studying the Art of Mime. Video Clips explain each chapter in a comedic way and the workbook gives a step-by-step guide to each mime principle. The workbook would be understood in fullness through mime workshops and master classes presented by Leigh the Mime or Kristofor the Mime, a father and son duo.
The Workbook and DVD will find its way to Europe when Kristofor the Mime leaves for Germany in August 2018. This will spread the awareness into Europe.
- Mimages – Mime & Performing Arts Eisteddfod
The art of mime has been a step-child at Eisteddfods, in South Africa. Leigh the Mime has entered a host of mime artist into local Eisteddfods for close to 20 years and won the group and solo work in that timeframe in each category entered. The observation during this time has been a lack of understanding of the essence of the art form.
The Practical Workbook & DVD, ‘From Tjanki Bali to Happi Tjappi’, along with workshops and Mime Masterclasses, will help to upgrade the understanding of mime.
Leigh the Mime has seen the need for an Eisteddfod for Performing Artists. This Eisteddfod will broaden the skills level of up and coming Performing Artists and will cause South African performers to be recognised Internationally.
Flow of Events
- Arrival & Registration – Snacks with tea and coffee
- Mime Show by Leigh the Mime and Students
- Launch of the three Projects | Hand-Over of Material | Europe here we come!
- Mime Workshop
- Booking is Essential to attend the event at email@example.com (no cost involved)
- Booking for Workshop at leighthemime@live com – Cost = R100 (Workshop at 11:30 after the launch)
- Pre-Order of Workbook & DVD on the Art of Mime ‘From Tjanki Bali to Happi Tjappi’ – Cost = R300 (R350 at event)
Please R.S.V.P before Thursday, 2 August 2018